Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Ryne

I just released a tech demo of Ryne, my game-engine-to-be. You can find more information and media on the Ryne Engine website.

Ryne is an experimental voxel pathtracer. You can try the tech demo yourself to see if it runs on your PC.

In the future I will release the C# scripting side open source. This will allow you to change most of the engine features yourself. You can see an overview of the functionality currently included in that project here



Why “release” it now?

I don’t want to create endless videos about a new technology that you will have to believe is real. Instead I’d like to include as many of you as possible while Ryne is in development. I know Ryne still has flaws and is nowhere near as usable as I want it to be, but I’m still convinced that putting out tech demos like these will bring the point across that we will get there eventually. This will both help me focus on the most important issues, and make everyone aware this is no longer a dream, but we can actually render something right now.

I’m trying to keep a stream of releases going out whenever I feel a new set of features or bug fixes are good to go.

If you’d like to discuss or have more questions, feel free to join the discord server.

No comments:

Post a Comment